Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Post!

Hello, Zone 6 gardeners. This blog will feature my small community garden plot in New Brunswick, NJ, where I'm a first time vegetable gardener. From what I've read, my location is a warm zone 6. I've been hearing some chat from garden bloggers elsewhere about the need for more local information for gardeners, so this blog will contribute to the network of bloggers already out there. I haven't yet found a New Jersey vegetable garden blog that chronicles the experiences of gardeners around here. Hopefully this will fill (some kind of) niche. One of my favorite blogs is Skippy's Vegetable Garden, which describes gardening in zone 5 near Boston. That blog is my model.

About me: I'm a grad student in urban planning, interested in community agriculture issues. My occupancy of this plot may end suddenly if I have to relocate for work, but in the meantime I'm hoping to learn as much about gardening as I can so I that I can garden somewhere else!

No comments: